Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.

TOPIC:

Error trying to 'play' image / management.php 5 years 3 months ago #5561

• jgb101
  • jgb101's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks, Ron, I hadn't realised. I've cancelled the subscription to the site, which I only tried because I haven't managed to get it working with Xampp. I've tried that again, but still no luck. It's a bit late now, but I'll come back tomorrow and see if you can help!

Much appreciated
Jon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Error trying to 'play' image / management.php 5 years 3 months ago #5566

• jgb101
  • jgb101's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all,

Well, I still couldn't get it working with Xampp - the installation process seems fine, but when I launch Xerte, all the buttons are greyed out. I can type in what I want a new folder or L.O. to be called, but not actually create one.

However, after much tinkering / reading posts on this forum / trying to figure out what on earth PHP and MySQL are, I've finally managed to get Xerte up and running on a shared host (a different one - no one-click install!). I can successfully add an image!

The only problem I have now is that I'm at my in-laws' for Christmas, and for some reason their Parental Controls are blocking access to Ron's tutorial / assets (of course they don't remember the password!). Must be a pretty exciting tutorial!

Thanks for all the help and advice,
Jon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ronmjultenJohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search