Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Gap Fill, Fill in Blank 6 years 6 months ago #4715

• EAL
  • EAL's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi All,

Since the last update of Xerte this summer I experience a lot of problems with the Gap Fill - Fill in Blank option. As I use this a lot it is quite frustrating, as I now have clients who are very dissatisfied with my products, and I have to rebuild a lot of interactions.
At first the hints failed to appear, but that was solved in a recent update.

The next issue is what happens when you skip the question, and return to it from another page. I just figured out what happens when you have just one gap with one word.

1. You answer correct, the answer turns green and you get the correct feedback. When returning to this page the first time, your answer is still green and the feedback is still the correct one. After returning for the second time, however, the answer is still green but you get the feedback belonging to Gap Fill All Wrong.

2. you answer wrong and get a hint (several letters of the correct answer). When you do not complete the exercise and skip to the next page, but return later, you get your (wrong) answer in red (which is ok), and the feedback belonging to Gap Fill All Wrong (which is also ok). You can type the correct answer, and even get a hint if you don't. But when you answer correctly this time, the answer stays red, and the feedback stays also the Gap Fill All Wrong text, but now you can not change your answer anymore (the last thing makes sense, as it was correct).

3. You do not answer anything but just skip the question. On returning, you get the feedback belonging to Gap Fill Incomplete (which is ok), and when you type a wrong answer you get a hint (which is ok), and if you answer is correct your answer becomes green (which is ok) but the feedback is still the Gap Fill Incomplete.

Even if you remove these feedbacks (make them blank), they still appear (in English, where I have set the project language to Dutch). This made it hard to figure out what was happening.

My solution is to put the correct answer and the feedback in Gap Fill All Wrong, with a remark about this question type being faulty when returning from another page. In the Gap Fill Incomplete Text I have put the text: If you did not answer already, type your answer. But it is quite annoying.

I guess all problems are solved if Xerte does not want to 'remember' your answer, and every time you go to the page it is treated as a first visit.

Could anybody help me here, please?
Thanks so much in advance!

Elly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Gap Fill, Fill in Blank 6 years 6 months ago #4716

• Fay
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 87
Hi Elly

We are aware of various issue with the gap fill page & they are being worked on:
Git Hub issue #691

Hopefully it shouldn't be too long until there's a fix for these issues

Thanks
Fay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenJohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search