Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Error message when clicking Play or Publish 6 years 8 months ago #4625

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 245
Hi Helen
that's all a bit too vague - what exactly does "certain items seem to be working but others aren’t" mean?

What has changed with this server/installation? Has it been moved? Upgraded? Other server changes? Changed from http to https?

Bottom line if it worked fine previously something has changed to break it.
Most of the site settings are stored in the sitedetails table and if as part of a move or upgrade the location of the install was changed then the relevant settings will need to have been changed accordingly. So if the permissions are definitely correct then I'd suggest checking the sitedetails table and make sure the site_url, root_file_path and import_path are correct. If the site has been changed from http to https make sure the site_url reflects that change.

BTW Does everyone have the same problem or just your account? If everyone then obviously that signals that it is a sitewide problem rather than unique to your account and workspace/projects.

HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Error message when clicking Play or Publish 6 years 8 months ago #4626

• rckeeling
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Ron,

I work with Helen and I thought it better for me to post direct to give you a better explanation of what we are doing and experiencing.

We are in the process of upgrading from version 2.1 to 3.4 (quite a leap) and we are also putting the new version on a Centos 7 machine whereas the current version is on Ubuntu. We have also activated LDAP as the way to log on. All seems to have gone fine for the database upgrade and copying the files across, as advised in the upgrade guide. This is the first issue we have had and it only seems to be happening to a few of the objects, not all of them. The ones I have experienced trouble with so far are as follows:

Bullets
Plain Text
Title Page
Advanced Image
Graphics and Sound
Image Viewer

I haven't tested them all so there may be others. Is there something that these need access to on the server that others that work don't, eg Orientation? I previously did this on a Fedora desktop and it didn't have the problem. There appears to be updates to the database happening through the Xerte software, also to the data.xml file and the others that are created in the template directory. Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Ross

Error message when clicking Play or Publish 6 years 8 months ago #4627

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 245
Hi Ross
I suspect the reference to specific page types isn't really relevant here. Mostly they should all work or none work with one or two exceptions but I don't think page types are your main issue here.

What authentication method were you using previously?
Have you checked the sitedetails table as I described previously?
When you login as an ldap user and create a new project what's the ID number of the project created?
What exactly is then in the USER-FILES folder for that ID and what's the full folder name? Does it match the username and id number and template used?
Have you run upgrade.php?

It sounds like you have changed multiple things in one go. If you've moved an install you'll definitely need to check sitedetails is correct. If you've moved from Ubuntu to Centos I suspect the file paths are very different and will need to be corrected.
If you've upgraded from 2.1 you definitely need to run upgrade.php.
Do you see any browser console errors?
Try setting development to true in the xerte config.php file and then checking the debug.log

HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

• Page:
Moderators: ronmjultenJohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search