Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Questions on getting Xerte Toolkits installed on your server and questions about authentication and user logins.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Got New Version of Xerte Installed 8 years 8 months ago #3000

• martavbvs
  • martavbvs's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
As yet another update:

I think I've figured why my old projects were not working.
First, Xerte update renames all the folders for the old projects to something Number-User-Nottingham on the server but not on the Xerte Workspace
While the system was running in very slow mode I've tried to create one project many times.
The result was that, once it eventually showed up I had six projects with the same name that I then deleted 4 of them. As they all had the same name I've deleted them in no particular order, using the workspace interface.
When I fresh installed Xerte and kept the User-Files folder and re-generated the upgrade it renumbered my projects again. I don't mind the renumbering but somewhere inside the projects, the references to pictures were still pointing to a folder that no longer existed. When I manually renamed the project folder on the server to match the expected location inside the project it then started to work again.

Regards,

Marta

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Got New Version of Xerte Installed 8 years 8 months ago #3001

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 246
Hi
Sorry your assumptions are not correct here.
Can you explain exactly what you did with installation and upgrade step by step?
If you followed the upgrade guide all previous projects should be intact. Upgrading doesn't rename projects or project folders. The project folder names are not the same as the project names in the workspace.
The issue you describe of creating a project many times not appearing until you refresh is almost certainly pop-up blocker at play. You need to enable pop-ups for the site in the browser you are using.
If you did a new install you can't just copy the user-files folders from the old install to the new install. You would need to copy the database to and then change URL and path values accordingly.
If you re-ran setup on an existing install (which isn't the correct way to upgrade) that will clear the database and lose existing projects but then yes if you have folders inside USER-FILES there would be a conflict and subsequent renaming.

As I suggested earlier I would try a completely new install - new location, new database and then once that is working you can test speed and export import any existing projects.

HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

Got New Version of Xerte Installed 8 years 8 months ago #3002

• martavbvs
  • martavbvs's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I am sorry I was not clear enough for you. I did follow the correct steps in the documentation but I cannot explain here right now as I have to leave now. i'll do it later for clarity.
I believe you are the one making assumptions here, I'm afraid.

Best wishes,

marta

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search