Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Questions on getting Xerte Toolkits installed on your server and questions about authentication and user logins.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

The new Xerte version release 8 years 9 months ago #2879

• instildistance
  • instildistance's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello!

Could someone shed some light as to what happened to the new Xerte version that was announced sometime in the Spring '15? Is it already available, if not, when can we expect that to occur?

Kind regards
Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The new Xerte version release 8 years 9 months ago #2880

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 245
It's available as beta at the moment and has been for a long time.
We are working through a few changes and additions before it's officially labelled as a production release but especially for new installations it's worth using it already.
HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

The new Xerte version release 8 years 9 months ago #2881

• instildistance
  • instildistance's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks Ron.
My institution has had XOT V2.1 installed centrally for a couple of years now, so I presume ours isn't a 'new' installation as such. So, am I right in thinking our IT department should not install it yet, until the final version is released?

Joe

The new Xerte version release 8 years 9 months ago #2886

• julten
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
We are getting close: the code pretty much works now, but there are a few niggles worth ironing out. You could install the code as it stands and then update it, depending on how keen you are to get to the latest version - the files should jsut drop in over the top of the install, so upating is farily easy.

The new Xerte version release 8 years 9 months ago #2917

• jayaich
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 5

Ron Mitchell wrote: It's available as beta at the moment and has been for a long time.
We are working through a few changes and additions before it's officially labelled as a production release but especially for new installations it's worth using it already.

Many thanks for this, and for Julian's later comment. I have just put a Xerte 2.1 central server together for our site (Plymouth University) to be ready for the next academic year. However, two things we wanted were antivirus checks and in particular Shibboleth SSO, but neither seemed to be present in 2.1. It seems that the 3.0 version has support for both of these. If the 3.0 version is so close to production release, then I think it is worth us installing that, and if necessary run an upgrade when 3.0 is officially released.

I'll see about installing 3.0 next week, and take a look at the antivirus/SSO options.

John.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search