Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Questions on getting Xerte Toolkits installed on your server and questions about authentication and user logins.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Installation issues 9 years 7 months ago #2168

• simonball
  • simonball's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I did look down the page but didn't spot this issue occurring, but if I've duplicated a thread I'm sorry!

My colleague has installed the XOT2.1 on his server, getting no error reports during installation and everything apparently going well. However, when one goes to the domain page (he and I both get the same, and I've tried Chrome, FF and IE) one is not presented with the login page but is automatically presented with the Workspace page of 'Guest User'. None of the buttons (Logout, Create, New Folder etc) function in this account. Also (not sure if relevant) the little icons for Workspace and Recycle Bin do not show.

Because no error messages came up during installation, neither of us is very sure how to rectify. Any advice would be most welcome!

Many thanks
Simon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Installation issues 9 years 7 months ago #2221

• simonball
Seems from the lack of response this isn't an issue with an obvious solution. Any suggestions where we might begin looking to try to resolve this?

Installation issues 9 years 7 months ago #2222

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
Ok. Lets treat them as two different problems:

1. No login page. You need to edit auth_config.php on the root of the install, and choose a different authentication mechanism. I would suggest LDAP or Db (Db enable you to manage user through the manegement page.

2. Every button disabled. I've got no idea at the moment, are there any errors reposrted on the console of the Brwoser (F12 on Chrome for example)

Installation issues 9 years 7 months ago #2227

• simonball
Thanks so much for your help Tom - it's very much appreciated!
I'll pass the first point onto my colleague to rectify. In terms of the second one, if I go to the page that is defaulting as the domain page and press f12 in Chrome, I get the following:

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED localhost.i-enable.eu/xertetoolkits/lang...ripts/file_system.js
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED localhost.i-enable.eu/xertetoolkits/webs...ts/screen_display.js
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED localhost.i-enable.eu/xertetoolkits/webs...s/ajax_management.js
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED localhost.i-enable.eu/xertetoolkits/lang...s/ajax_management.js
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED localhost.i-enable.eu/xertetoolkits/webs...e/scripts/folders.js
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED localhost.i-enable.eu/xertetoolkits/lang...e/scripts/folders.js
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED localhost.i-enable.eu/xertetoolkits/webs...mplate_management.js
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED localhost.i-enable.eu/xertetoolkits/lang...mplate_management.js
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED localhost.i-enable.eu/xertetoolkits/webs...de/scripts/logout.js
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED localhost.i-enable.eu/xertetoolkits/lang...de/scripts/logout.js
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED localhost.i-enable.eu/xertetoolkits/webs...de/scripts/import.js
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED localhost.i-enable.eu/xertetoolkits/lang...de/scripts/import.js
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED localhost.i-enable.eu/xertetoolkits//web...folder_workspace.gif
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED localhost.i-enable.eu/xertetoolkits//web.../images/rb_empty.gif
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED localhost.i-enable.eu/xertetoolkits/webs.../images/UofNLogo.jpg
Uncaught ReferenceError: sort_display_settings is not defined i-enable.eu/:41
15Uncaught ReferenceError: mousecoords is not defined (index):120

Thanks again for your help!
Best wishes
Simon

Installation issues 9 years 7 months ago #2239

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
It looks like you have permission problems with (at least part of) the installation. None of the javascript files could be read.

It says CONNECTION refused. What is the default domain, and why are the javascript files loaded from localhost.i-enable.eu?

Is the value of site_url in the site_details table of the xerte database correct? Is this an installation that was moved from a local install to a webserver?

Looking at the message I do wonder whther you are using IIS on Windows.

Last edit: by tom.

Installation issues 9 years 7 months ago #2265

• simonball
Thanks Tom, I'll pass this onto my colleague. I'm not at all sure if the server is Windows or not but I am pretty sure this was a new install rather than a move from a local install, as it was the first time my colleague had encountered Xerte at all! He's installing it to host some training modules we've created as an EU project, and the modules should be live by now - oops! Will keep you posted if we get anywhere following your helpful responses.
Best wishes
Simon

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search