Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Questions on getting Xerte Toolkits installed on your server and questions about authentication and user logins.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Xerte + Apache + Mysql: multiple problems 9 years 8 months ago #2090

• UsernameNumber
  • UsernameNumber's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello!

Xerte looks really cool and I'm excited to get into it, but unfortunately I'm running into a bunch of show-stopping problems.

I've installed Xerte 2.1 on two systems:
- Ubuntu 14.x with Apache 2.4, php 5.5, and mysql 14.14
- OSX Mavericks with Apache 2.2, php 5.5, and mysql 14.14

On both systems I have the same problems:
- When I try to create a new item (XOT, Bootstrap, etc), it goes to a 404 page saying it can't open <site url>/xerte/edit_X, where X is (I assume) the object ID. The only error that appears in Apache's logs is a File does not exist error for that page. I'm guessing something is supposed to be intercepting the url and interpreting it, but isn't?

- Since I don't have LDAP setup the system defaults to Guest authentication, but the logout button doesn't work. In Chrome it does nothing, in Firefox the Apache logs show a stream of POST requests with no end unless I close the page

- I occasionally see this: Failed to load language file for Xerte - en-GB/website_code/scripts/screen_display.js -- looks like this should be languages/en-DB/...?

I'll continue digging through the docs (oh, relatedly, the FAQ entry that mentions the installation guide is duplicated, and has a broken link for the guide in both instances-- I was able to find the guide in my zip file), but if anyone has seen this and can help me out, I'd really appreciate it!

EDIT: Hrmm... Also, the bbcode interpretation on this board seems to be screwed up. this post originally had bulleted and numbered lists done in bbcode, but they came out as just blobs of text. :\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by UsernameNumber.

Xerte + Apache + Mysql: multiple problems 9 years 8 months ago #2091

• tom
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 305
For the biggest problem, please enter the management page (<site url>/management.php) and on tab 'Site', epand Server settings, and set HTACCESS to false.

When using Guest authentication, you cannot logout. Switch to Db or Static Authentication, by editing the file auth_config.php (in the root of the instalation)

That particular language file doesn't exist. So it should never have been laoded. It should be fixed in the next release.

We'll have a look at the FAQ and also at the bbcode.

Xerte + Apache + Mysql: multiple problems 9 years 8 months ago #2092

• UsernameNumber
Thanks, disabling HTACCESS fixed the problem! Is that a bug? I checked and I do have AllowOverride All set up for the site.

Xerte + Apache + Mysql: multiple problems 9 years 8 months ago #2095

• tom
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 305
No, it is not a bug. It expects that you have installed the htaccess.txt file as .htaccess, and will enable url rewriting, so using <xot root>/edit_43 in stead of <xot root>/edit.php?template_id=43

Xerte + Apache + Mysql: multiple problems 9 years 8 months ago #2097

• UsernameNumber
...interesting. In my case, I'm certain I never did anything to manually create it, but there was a .htaccess file, and it did have a bunch of mod_rewrite lines in it (maybe this is automated now?), and yet, they didn't seem to have any effect. If I have time, I'll do some experimentation to try and figure out why.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search