Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Questions on getting Xerte Toolkits installed on your server and questions about authentication and user logins.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Page2.php online installation error 9 years 10 months ago #1844

• zero2
  • zero2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
First, I LOVE developing with Xerte! It's a fantastic toolkit. THANK YOU for all the great work on it.

I've been running a couple local (XAMPP) installations on different computers but really want to make my toolkit available online so I can develop from multiple access points. Unfortunately, every time I go through the installation process I hit a roadblock accessing Page2.php. Here's where things get weird. Everything seems to be fine but Page2 simply isn't there. I realized that Page2.php was missing so I tried a fresh install run again which failed AGAIN so I tried to manually re-add it to my server but, get this, every time I copy the file over to my web server it is immediately deleted. I can get to Page3 manually but, predictably, I can't get much further with the installation.

GoDaddy is my host. On Page1 I'm putting in the dbhostname, dbusername, and dbpassword as shown on GoDaddy's site. Then I put in the name of the DB that I created (not sure what permissions, etc. I'd need to use to create a db so I manually created a blank one). I'm on a Windows 7 machine and using Filezilla to transfer the files.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I'm totally baffled.

Update 1: I was able to get Page2 to stay on my server through a manual upload online. Unfortunately, now when I go through the installation process I get to Page2 and Firefox says "the connection was reset" and chrome says "No data received:
Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data.
Reload this webpage.
Press the reload button to resubmit the data needed to load the page.
Error code: ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE"

Do I have a corrupt Page1?

Update 2: I reloaded the page and got this error:
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/content/22/6647222/html/moodle/xerte/setup/page2.php on line 9
Sorry, the attempt to connect to the host has failed. MySQL reports the following error -

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
Creating MySQL Database Failed!

Your Xerte Online Toolkits database is not created! Please investigate the error messages and return to the previous page by pressing the button below!

It appears Page1 isn't passing the right info to Page2. Should I try manually adding the db info to Page2? is there another workaround which will let me simply connect the Toolkit to a blank database?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by zero2.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.043 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search