Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Questions on getting Xerte Toolkits installed on your server and questions about authentication and user logins.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Media upload error trouble 10 years 11 months ago #35

• Mark7801
  • Mark7801's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi folks,
I'm having a few problems setting up but one thing at a time. First is a problem with Media files. I'm using the Xampp stand alone option on Windows Vista which works fine. I've upgraded from Xerte 1.9 to version 2.0 hoping to resolve the issue but no help. I have a problem using media files with either version. I can choose a file (.jpg or any other media file type)using "..." and I get a message that the file has uploaded successfully but when I try to view the file (using the magnifying glass) I get a message that I have to select the media first. Playing the file shows a blank page. Isn't the media I want to view the uploaded file? Don't know what to do from there, kinda stuck. I attached a screen shot for you to view the error. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thx
Mark G

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Media upload error trouble 10 years 11 months ago #36

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
Hi Mark,

Regrettably, the attachment didn't make it. (Just curious, what file extension did the screenshot have and how big is it?).

Any way, back to your issue. Can you check http://<install>/setup/phpinfo.php And look up the values for
- upload_max_filesize
- post_max_size

These values determine the maximum size of the uploaded file.

Also, look in your USER-FILES folder in the LO you're working on, and check whether the files are actually ending up in the media folder. You should be able to check if the files are there using the 'Media and Quota' tab of the LO's properties screen.

Media upload error trouble 10 years 11 months ago #37

• Mark7801
Hi Tom,
Thanks for the quick reply. I attached a screenshot to the last post. It was a .png file 239kb. Not sure why it didn't make it through. Anyway...
I did NOT show any files being copied to the USER_FILES. I decided to remove all, clean up and start with a freash, clean install. It was successful for getting the media trouble resolved. Can't explain why that worked either. I do have other issues though... I'll post them on the Install forums
Thanks again for your help!
Mark

Media upload error trouble 10 years 11 months ago #43

• Mark7801
Tom,
I had the media upload working briefly, not sure why but have lost the ability again.
There are no media files uploading to the USER_FILES folder
- upload_max_filesize (2M)
- post_max_size (8M)
Any suggestions?
Thx
Mark

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search