Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Questions on getting Xerte Toolkits installed on your server and questions about authentication and user logins.

TOPIC:

Login form disappears from front-page 9 years 11 months ago #1542

• tom
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 306
Is the Getting started not getting rendered like in the first screenshot?

And what is really happening, you have the login page open like screenshot two and after a while it is like screenshot 1, while you didn't actually used the system? Or is it that after a while, after starting the apache server, the login page appears like screenshot 1.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Login form disappears from front-page 9 years 11 months ago #1543

• klaashobo
  • Thank you received: 0
When I start sometimes I have a login box but most of the time not. Then I refresh the page a lot of times and sometimes I get a login page. When the login page is not there I then open administration and (without changing) I save config and logout. Then sometimes I see the login page again. Now that I found the (bad) apache trick by restarting I get the loginpage (until now) right away after restarting.

Don't know what more to say....

Login form disappears from front-page 9 years 11 months ago #1545

• rflurey
  • rflurey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Klaas,

I had a very short time-scale to provide a new Xerte toolkit installation for students, so I found a workaround for the login problem. I know it has something to do with the language settings and also it seems specific to the Debian Linux OS we were using. Perhaps it is a general problem in Linux. Therefore, I installed it on a XAMPP installation on Windows instead which might not be ideal but it works with no problem and the issue has never occurred on this installation. Quote often I have found many JISC funded applications to have compatibility issues with Linux (having been built on XAMPP or WAMP environments) but I have never had time to solve these problems, although one day I hope to find the solution.

Login form disappears from front-page 9 years 11 months ago #1546

• tom
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 306
Like I mentioned it before, I've never seen this before and I maintain 7 different XOT servers running on Linux. (SuSE and Ubuntu)
It would be interested to know what OS Klaas is running on his virtual machine.

Login form disappears from front-page 9 years 11 months ago #1547

• rflurey
  • rflurey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
It's very likely Debian Squeeze is the culprit, it seems to have caused me lots of similar issues with rendering pages correctly for various apps. We are in the process of replacing our Debian installations with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (but opting to upgrade to PHP 5.5 and Apache 2.4) and hope this might work a lot better for us with Xerte and many other products. However, I am not afforded the luxury of testing capabilities at work to prove this point and the wheels turn slowly here I am afraid.

It certainly would be interesting to know if Debian was the common factor with this issue. I had selected it in the past only because of it's reputation for stability and reliability but unfortunately it seems to be subject to less updates and more issues with later versions of many web applications.

Login form disappears from front-page 9 years 11 months ago #1548

• klaashobo
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all,

I'm on a virtual CentOS linux 5.5 server, I use MySQL version 5.5.20 and apache 2.2.22. My PHP verion is 5.3.27. Hope that helps.

Rgds,
Klaas

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search