Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Questions on getting Xerte Toolkits installed on your server and questions about authentication and user logins.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

How to install XERTE on public Web server 6 years 9 months ago #4583

• edwin
  • edwin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I set up XERTE in XAMPP (local host¬), created some learning content and it is working very well.
I now want to install XERTE on a public web server so as to share my content with the public. I do not have my own|organisation website. So, some people have advised me to buy a domain name and pay for web hosting. Is this the right approach? Is there another way of doing it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How to install XERTE on public Web server 6 years 9 months ago #4584

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 244
Much depends on whether you need whatever you are sharing to be from your own domain. You can export what you have created via xampp and upload and unzip to any online web space without needing that web space to host the xerte installation. You can upload to learning environments like Moodle if you have access to do so. You can buy your own domain as you describe and set up a xerte installation there or some of us in the xerte development team offer individual accounts on shared installations paid for on an annual basis.
HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/
The following user(s) said Thank You: edwin

How to install XERTE on public Web server 5 years 3 months ago #5523

• simonfokt
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi,
I'd like to do the same. Could you point me to a step by step guide on how to install xerte in the webspace which comes with my domain/hosting package?
The idea is that I could install Xerte there and share projects so people can use them without my future involvement.
Thanks!

How to install XERTE on public Web server 5 years 3 months ago #5524

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 244
There's an installation guide in the documentation folder inside the download and various recordings on the web where I've demonstrated installation e.g. www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1FkRgjfb0M

But too many people look for the quickest and cheapest way of installing Xerte without regard to maintenance and support and contribution back to the Xerte project. There are hosting providers now that include Xerte as part of 1 click installation options. However they do not contribute to the project in any way and some aspects of a fully working Xerte installation cannot be automated anyway.

Some of us directly involved in the Xerte project provide various hosting options from low cost individual accounts on a shared and fully maintained installation to internal or external hosting of organisational installations. Obviously none of that is free but contributes directly to continued Xerte development.

HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/
The following user(s) said Thank You: simonfokt

How to install XERTE on public Web server 5 years 3 months ago #5525

• simonfokt
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks! I didn't realise there were hosting options offered by the developers. If I wanted to go for that option, where could I find more information?

How to install XERTE on public Web server 3 years 8 months ago #6687

• Alan
  • Thank you received: 0
This too would be ideal for me - If Xerte Developers are offering integrated hosting capabilities I would love to purchase

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search