Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Questions on getting Xerte Toolkits installed on your server and questions about authentication and user logins.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

screen 2 of install: error no mysql under xampp / 7 years 2 months ago #4258

• gtielemans
  • gtielemans's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
This extension was deprecated in PHP 5.5.0, and it was removed in PHP 7.0.0. Instead, the MySQLi or PDO_MySQL extension should be used. See also MySQL: choosing an API guide and related FAQ for more information. Alternatives to this function include:
For compiling, simply use the --with-mysql[=DIR] configuration option where the optional [DIR] points to the MySQL installation directory.

Although this MySQL extension is compatible with MySQL 4.1.0 and greater, it doesn't support the extra functionality that these versions provide. For that, use the MySQLi extension.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

screen 2 of install: error no mysql under xampp / 7 years 2 months ago #4260

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
What are you trying to do, and waht is the problem.

If installing, what version of Xerte are you trying to install?

screen 2 of install: error no mysql under xampp / 7 years 2 months ago #4261

• gtielemans
  • gtielemans's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
In a test environment/test-server on my windows laptop I wish to run Xerte Toolkits. I start with a fresh XAMPP copy: XAMPP for Windows with php 7.1.1.
(the comment in my previous email is about your checks in the install script.)

I also tried to use a combination of xampp and moodle from moodle.org, but there your check cannot handle the MYSQL compatible mariaDB database.

One by one I can criple the install-script pages to force the install progress - or: information how to install xerte manually could help me - but I understand that you wish to create an idiot-proof install script: so my hidden request was/is to add checks for php7+ and mariaDB in your script.

Last edit: by gtielemans.

screen 2 of install: error no mysql under xampp / 7 years 2 months ago #4269

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
What version are you trying to install?

As far as I know the mysql driver is not used anymore. We switched to PDO (I believe in 3.1). Please let me know if you believe I am mistaken (and please add a screenshot of the message) so I can correct this issue.

Also, MariaDB should not be a problem at all, as I use MariaDB myself. But again, we have not tested all the permuattions possible, so if I am not correct, please let me know the version of XAMPP you use, and also send a screenshot or log-entry to help me correct the issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtielemans

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.045 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search