Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Maxos 200

Maxos 200 5 years 11 months ago #95

• Vaughan Hencher
  • Fresh Boarder
MAXOS - Moodle and Xerte on a stick
Thomas Rochford has upgraded MAXOS to run from a memory stick with Xerte toolkits 2.0. This is ideal for people who wish to create and consume learning objects in a context where Internet connectivity is on reliable non-existent.
MAXOS 200 is now available from Thomas’s DropBox area at:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27263165/MAXOS%20200.zip.

Your link to your drop box for Maxos200 comes back with a 404 error from DropBox. I can only use Xerte or Xenith from a memory stick. Any chance a a different link for the file please.
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Vaughan Hencher.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Maxos 200 5 years 11 months ago #96

• Thomas Rochford
  • MAXOS Developer
Hi Vaughan,

I can't reproduce this problem. When I click on the link, it downloads the file, although slowly.

If you're copying the link into a browser, make sure you don't include the full stop at the end, e.g. as the URL below
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27263165/MAXOS%20200.zip
Including the full stop *does* generate a 404 error.

If this doesn't resolve the problem please can you submit a screen-grab of the browser page which includes the URL.
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Thomas Rochford. Reason: Typo

Maxos 200 5 years 11 months ago #97

• Vaughan Hencher
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks. I was being a burke and keeping the fullstop.

Maxos 200 5 years 9 months ago #587

• Kevhickeyuk
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, Is this the right place to ask questions about trying to get Maxos to work?
I am trying it on my works Windows 7 pc, I have stopped skype and when I click on Startup.bat a command panel very quickly appears and disappears on the screen (too quickly to see if there is any text in it)

I have also tried using the xampp-control.exe file to start Apache and MySql. I don’t think this has worked, it doesn’t say running although I have tried clicking start buttons next to these two services. The text panel has the following information:

Maxos 200 5 years 9 months ago #588

• Thomas Rochford
  • MAXOS Developer
Hi Kevin,
Following our Remote Desktop Session, I think we ascertained that the MAXOS files you were using were corrupted and missing some key elements. You downloaded the zip file from the link provided again and unzipped it into a new folder (although it took a while for Windows Explorer to handle this). If you copy the files from the new folder into the ROOT Directory of a blank USB stick, everything *should* now work correctly. The new version fires up an instance of firefox Portable by default. To change this you can manually edit a text file called 'startup.pl' which you will find in
\xampp\cgi-bin.
You can then uncomment the browser of your choice by deleting the initial '#' symbol on that line and place a new '#' symbol at the start of the line you no longer want:

# uncomment the line below to use the Firefox portable browser on the USB Stick
$startup1 ='"\FirefoxPortable\FirefoxPortable.exe" "http://localhost/startup.html"';
# uncomment the line below to use the Chrome portable browser on the USB Stick
# $startup1 ='"\GoogleChromePortable\GoogleChromePortable.exe" "http://localhost/startup.html"';
# uncomment the line below for IE (IE10 can give problems with some Toolkits Pages)
# $startup1 ='"c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe" "http://localhost/startup.html"';

Let me know if this has solved your problems, please.

Kindest regards, Thomas
Moderators: Thomas Rochford
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds