Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Scrolling on iPhone 8 years 11 months ago #2687

• jbmaguire
  • jbmaguire's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Started to look at object on mobile devices (currently using iphone 5 and 6), however, I've noticed that if pages need to scroll to fit the page the scrolling is a bit of a nightmare. If you have a phone, see how this looks, it's almost impossible to check your answers in landscape. Is there any way to make scrolling easier?

learn.gla.ac.uk/xerte/play.php?template_id=167 (look at the page called Quiz Question)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Scrolling on iPhone 8 years 11 months ago #2689

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 245
On Phones rather than tablets most page types in the main xot template work better when viewed portrait rather than landscape.

Scrolling does work in landscape (certainly on my iphone 5) but you have to scroll the extreme right edge of the device.

The trouble is when you look at all the different page types we have and especially the interactive pages there's a limit to what would be practical in landscape mode on a small handheld and some interactions are not even practical with the extra space available in portrait mode. Is there a reason you're testing landscape rather than portrait?

HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

Scrolling on iPhone 8 years 11 months ago #2699

• jbmaguire
  • jbmaguire's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks Ron, this is really me just following up on a request from some users. There's no real reason that it's in landscape, just looking at any issues that might occur if the students view it in landscape.

Scrolling (landscape) works fine on most pages but I see now that the quiz scrolling works but is a bit tricky as you need to get the bit of white space outside the question box.

Thanks again for the reply.

• Page:
Moderators: alimcnronm
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search