• Page:

TOPIC:

Printing a Bootstrap object 4 years 11 months ago #5690

• Sophie B
  • Sophie B's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi All,

I'm wondering if you can help.

I'm trying to print a copy of a Bootstrap object I've made but the format of the printed version is not what I was expecting: the content fills only the central third of the page (vertically speaking) and the font is really tiny. I've attached a PDF copy for reference.

Am I doing it wrong?

I am convinced that I have previously printed a Bootstrap object (months ago) that filled the whole A4 page and had 'comfortably-sized' font... Is anyone able to offer any advice?

With thanks in advance,
Sophie
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Printing a Bootstrap object 4 years 11 months ago #5691

• Fay
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 86
Hi Sophie

What version are you running? There were some improvements to the way Bootstrap projects print in May last year (see this commit)

I know that before this the text used to be pretty small although I can't remember there ever being an issue with the width the content took up on the page. If you are running an older version of this css file then you should be able to just update this file without doing a full upgrade (but I don't know if you have access to do this)

Do you have this issue on all browsers? What theme is your Bootstrap project using? Do you have any custom css in your project?

Fay

Printing a Bootstrap object 4 years 11 months ago #5692

• Sophie B
  • Sophie B's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Fay,

Thank you for your reply.

This morning I noticed that it's only 2 of the 5 pages of the Bootstrap object that are printing like this (with a slim central column of text and smaller font). These 2 pages contain bullet points, font awesome, images and a video. Here's a link to this object: xerte.uwe.ac.uk/play.php?template_id=884

Through a process of elimination, and using Internet Explorer, I've concluded that it might be the inclusion of a video on these 2 pages that affects the print layout. Does this sound likely to you?

When using Chrome and Internet Explorer, there is a difference between the print layout of the pages containing a video and those that don't. Interestingly, when I removed the video from one of the pages, the print preview in IE expanded to 'full page' coverage, but the print preview in Chrome remained narrow and small (I definitely published the removal of the video and viewed each print preview on two separate occasions because it seemed odd).

In case it's still useful, I've answered your questions below:

[]What version are you running?[/]
X (git X-v3.7.1-1-g4d55cc8)

[]Do you have this issue on all browsers?[/]
As above, by default I use Chrome but switched to Internet Explorer and found the IE print previews to be more responsive to me removing the video.

[]What theme is your Bootstrap project using?[/]
Flat: Black & Green but I've customised the colours.

[]Do you have any custom css in your project?[/]
I had some css that was changing the colour of the floating 'section'/content list. I removed this css but it didn't make any difference.

Thank you again for your help. I've not exactly done a scientific study but it did seem like the inclusion of a video triggered a layout change, however, your thoughts/input are still very welcome.

Best wishes,
Sophie

Last edit: by Sophie B. Reason: Added the URL.
  • Page:
Moderators: alimcnronm
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search