Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the place for questions about learning design and pedagogy; how to use different page types for different purposes.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Linking to a file [pdf, ppt, etc] inside an LO 9 years 9 months ago #2014

• amandac
  • amandac's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello Community

please can you advise ? I have uploaded a PDF into the LO and would like to link to it in the learning materials. How do I do that ?

Thank you from

Amanda Cooper

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Linking to a file [pdf, ppt, etc] inside an LO 9 years 9 months ago #2025

• JohnSmith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 71
Hi,

Currently, if you have the URL of the PDF (you can get this by clicking on the LO in the Workspace, clicking Properties, going to the Media and Quota tab and right clicking on the relevant item's url) then you can just insert:

<a href="YOUR_URL_HERE">NAME OF PDF FILE</a>

into pretty much any text area and you will get a link. Customise the bold bits in the link tag.

Where this falls down is if you duplicate the LO and/or export. The URL in the resulting LO will still link back to the URL that you copied. As long as the file is still there then you should be ok but it can cause cross domain issues or offline problems.

We are currently working on a new editor that should take these issues into consideration and format them in the same way as other media so that there are relative to the current LO.

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: amandac, thoale

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by JohnSmith.
  • Page:
Moderators: ingdon
Time to create page: 0.043 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search