Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the place for questions about learning design and pedagogy; how to use different page types for different purposes.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Print Version 5 years 4 months ago #5527

• kjbroome
  • kjbroome's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,
I am thinking about to use Xerte as a tool for creating a simple online text book. I wonder how it is possible to make a print after finishing the online book. Does somebody has experience or a idea about what is the best way to convert a complete project from bootstrap template into a print version?
Best
KJ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Print Version 5 years 4 months ago #5533

• Jonathan Smith
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi KJ

That's an interesting question, and I don't know the answer!

Here at the University of Reading we are using Xerte to produce online grammar lessons for international students. It worried me that there wasn't anything that students could take away and refer to after they'd finished a lesson. So we got into the habit of producing a PDF summary of the main learning points for each lesson, and we put a hyperlink to a summary on the last page of each lesson - that seems to work!

Best wishes

Jonathan Smith

Print Version 5 years 4 months ago #5534

• kjbroome
  • kjbroome's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you Jonathan,
but that is not what I want. From a learning prospective it is a proper solution but my approach is to find a simple multi channel publishing tool. I don´t want to create abstracts manually in the system. I want the system do it. At the moment I am checking Confluence. Maybe it is the right tool for me.
Thank you
KJ

• Page:
Moderators: ingdon
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search