Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the place for questions about learning design and pedagogy; how to use different page types for different purposes.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Ensure all activities are completed 5 years 10 months ago #5126

• annem
  • annem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Xerte Community,

In Articulate Storyline there is a way to ensure all activities are completed before showing the NEXT button. This is useful as it prevents users clicking the NEXT button and bypassing the content and activities.

Is there a way of doing this in Xerte?

Do all page types have the 'Navigation' optional property?

How do I set the 'Navigation' buttons up, so that users complete all activities before revealing the NEXT button?

I know that I can control where users go when using the 'Multiple Choice with Connectors' Page Type, but I would like to do this on all the page types if possible.

Could you let me know if I have to add code, or tell me how to set up the Navigation buttons on page types?

Thank you in advance.

Best wishes
Anne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ensure all activities are completed 5 years 10 months ago #5127

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 245
Hi Anne
It's certainly possible to do this but you obviously need to be very careful with your learning design and planning to do this without adverse impact. e.g. This suggests that the learners will only ever consume the whole LO in order that you have designed rather than for instance revisiting and just going to a particular page or pages via the contents menu. If you leave the contents menu in place then obviously any attempt to restrict access before completion of interactions is redundant.

However if you really want to do this then there are a few ways to do so and the easiest is to change your LO to historic navigation (which hides the TOC), hide the next button on one or more of the pages, then put xerte page links to next page or specific pages in the feedback for each interaction.

HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/
The following user(s) said Thank You: davebull

Ensure all activities are completed 5 years 10 months ago #5128

• annem
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Hi Ron,

Thank you for your help with this.

Best regards
Anne

Ensure all activities are completed 5 years 10 months ago #5132

• annem
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Hi Xerte Community,

Are there specific page types where you are able to apply the method given?
I have changed to Historic, and changed Navigation to 'None' on the quiz page type, and Stimulating Question page type, and added the 'Xerte Page link' to the feedback but unfortunately it didn't work for me. It would be nice to have it on the Wordsearch page too, but I didn't see a Feedback area for me to add the Xerte Page link.

What am I doing wrong please? Or can I only ensure all activities are completed on specific page types? Which page types are they please?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Anne

• Page:
Moderators: ingdon
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search