Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The place for more technical questions for those who want to create new pagetypes or bespoke functionality.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Closing a Moodle window from a XERTE SCROM object 9 years 2 months ago #2565

• paul.mee
  • paul.mee's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi

Has anyone found a nice solution for elegantly ending a session viewing a Xerte created SCORM object in Moodle. I tried to put a hyperlink in my final page to take me back to the Moodle home page , this worked , but it just pushes the Moodle player window behind the browser and then when a new object is opened it appears in the background i.e. you don't see it.

The only 'solution' I have found I have is to close the window by hitting the cross in the upper right of the browser window. Which is rather ugly.

I found a nice bit of html to add a window close button

<input type="button" value="Close window" onclick="self.close()">

It works in the Xerte viewer but has no effect when its embedded in Moodle

Any ideas gratefully received

Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Closing a Moodle window from a XERTE SCROM object 8 years 10 months ago #2747

• JohnSmith
  • Thank you received: 71
Hi Paul,

Sorry it's been so long and no-one has replied to this. Did you ever manage to find anything that would work reliably?

I had a quick Google and it seems that others have a similar issue, although not with XOT, but have found no solution so it may not be possible in a short line of code but require something more substantial to communicate back to MOODLE...

Did you try window.close() although I expect this to exhibit the same behaviour as self.close()

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: JohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search