Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The place for more technical questions for those who want to create new pagetypes or bespoke functionality.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Randomized groups in quiz 9 years 7 months ago #2183

• ronm2
  • ronm2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I need to duplicate an authorware final quiz which is timed (1 hour max) and delivers 50 MC questions out of a bank of 70. The questions are divided into groups based on each content section of the program, so the user is answering a group of questions on one specific chunk of content at a time. The current quiz doesn't appear to have any way to do this (what is the # of questions field for??) and I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion on modifying it to handle this or whether its best to just find a 3rd party quiz engine that might do it out of the box?

RonM2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Randomized groups in quiz 9 years 7 months ago #2184

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
The number of questions is exactly this. If you put 10 questions in the quiz, and set the nr. of questions to 5, it will present 5 questons to the user out of the 10.

To catagorize them, just place a quiz per category in the LO.

Randomized groups in quiz 9 years 7 months ago #2187

• ronm2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Hello Tom - this is good news, thanks!

Another question - if I split up the final into multiple quizzes, is there any way I write only the averaged score of the group of quizzes (once) to the database?

And - any way to more or less go 'transparently' from one quiz to the next without presenting scores, etc. after each? Could I use a connector or something?

RonM2

Randomized groups in quiz 9 years 7 months ago #2188

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
One final score is the defailt (based on the optional weight per quiz)

And, no automatic or transparent navigation I am afraid.

Randomized groups in quiz 9 years 7 months ago #2189

• ronm2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
OK Thanks... more good news, and more questions if you can tolerate them. This is for a government certified quiz so it has to be bulletproof.

So lets say I put 5 mini quizzes in instead of one large quiz. How would I 'weight' each quiz - would each one be 20%? And - how/when does the system write to the database - does it update after every quiz? I wouldn't want them to score 100% in the first quiz and stop there.

What does the 'judge questions' checkbox control? I thought at one point (maybe in the desktop version?) there was a property to 'judge first response' but I don't see it now. Sorry for all the questions but I don't see any current documentation on this unless I'm missing it.

Thanks
RonM2

Randomized groups in quiz 9 years 7 months ago #2190

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Weight is by default 1, just indicating that all the quizzes have the same weight. It counts the weight and divides by the total weight, so your example of assigning 0.2 would work as well. It has to be a number, no percentage.

Judge Questions determines what feedback you get between answers. So normally you switch that off. The option you talk about has been moved to the main object of the LO. It's an optional parameter called 'SCORM tracking mode'

• Page:
Moderators: JohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search