Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The place for more technical questions for those who want to create new pagetypes or bespoke functionality.

TOPIC:

Multiple perspectives page 9 years 7 months ago #2163

• ronm2
  • ronm2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm that (in XOT 2.1) the multiple perspectives page is not yet converted from Flash to HTML5? At least it doesn't operate for me in HTML5. This is a very useful page that I'd like to employ... does anyone know what the HTML5 status is for this page?

Thanks
RonM2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Multiple perspectives page 9 years 7 months ago #2164

• ingdon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Hi, my name is Inge. I'm an e-learning advisor.
  • Thank you received: 34
Hi Ron,

The multiple perspective is converted to html5 so it should work. What is wrong when you use it?

Bye,
Inge
DLearning
I.Donkervoort
www.dlearning.nl

Multiple perspectives page 9 years 7 months ago #2169

• ronm2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Hello Inge:

An LO originally created as Flash is having problems with that page, even after being converted to HTML5. So, I'm testing the multiple perspectives page now from an LO built completely in HTML5.

Chrome:
- videos appear full screen (literally, they fill the entire computer screen)
- images sit to the left of the text which is good

IE 11:
- video's wont open or run at all, nothing happens
- if an image is used, its on top with text below (unlike Chrome). I would vastly prefer the image be on the left and the text on the right.
- left/right arrows don't work in IT (it takes the highlight off the current selection but doesn't go to the next)

I'd like to use this page but can't like this. Is it working OK for you in IE11?

Multiple perspectives page 9 years 7 months ago #2170

• ingdon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Hi, my name is Inge. I'm an e-learning advisor.
  • Thank you received: 34
Hi Ron,

I looked at that page here in my installation and everything works well. Firefox 31.0, IE 11 and Chrome 36.0. Here the link to my example. It's in Dutch :) so look at the page called 'Meerdere perspectieven'.
speelplaats.12change.eu/play.php?template_id=322

The arrows only work when you have more files (images, video and sound) than the top menu can show.

Could you send me your LO so I can take a look?

Bye,
Inge
DLearning
I.Donkervoort
www.dlearning.nl

Multiple perspectives page 9 years 7 months ago #2178

• ronm2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Hello Inge

I've attached a zipfile to this message (pretty big hope it gets through) with a sample LO and the media. Also two jing SWF files describing the issue.

Another question if you don't mind - your demo pages look very good (clean). You are using the 'connector' pages in there it looks like over an image of someone reclining on a chair - clicking a hotspot jumps you to another page. I still haven't figured out how to use this feature - I'm trying to use a 'submenu' page like yours to jump to another page, then return (can do this with the 'back' button if the LO is in 'history' navigation mode. However - once you are back to the submenu page and you want to continue linear through your piece - how do you skip the pages you just jumped to? I mean... I need way to tell the main 'Next Page' button where to go to next - to jump past the submenu content just viewed. I don't see anyway to do that... so frankly I can't see how to use the connector pages. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but stumped for now.

Also in your demo - page 43 - couldn't get the labels to stick in the right spots - first time 2 did, next time 1.

Thanks to any suggestions.
RonM2

Ron

Attachments:

Multiple perspectives page 9 years 7 months ago #2179

• ronm2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
I don't think that large zip got through... I'm going to upload 3 files separately.

File Attachment:

File Name: 548-ron114...gham.zip
File Size:413 KB
Attachments:

Moderators: JohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search