Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The place for more technical questions for those who want to create new pagetypes or bespoke functionality.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Desktop xerte audio play variable issue 10 years 4 weeks ago #1459

• ronm2
  • ronm2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
In the desktop Flash version I'm using a SWF menu with a checkbox for the user to set 'trackingData.audioplay' to 0 (don't play) or 1 (play audio).

It works fine in preview mode, but when I run it off a web server, even though the value 0 or 1 is being passed to the page it won't run the audio file. I'm using {trackingData.audioplay} as the value in the 'Play' property. If I change this property to '1' it will play... but then I lose the ability of the user to turn it on or off. It's late, and I'm stumped. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Desktop xerte audio play variable issue 10 years 3 weeks ago #1464

• ronm2
  • ronm2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
OK I think I understand what is happening. To run the files on a web server it appears that the 'stream' property needs to be added in the sound icon and set to 1. This, however, seems to override the value of the 'Play' property and play the file no matter what the 'Play' property is set to. Unless I'm misinterpreting this, I think the only option for the user to not have audio is by turning his speaker volume down.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: JohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search