Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The place for more technical questions for those who want to create new pagetypes or bespoke functionality.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Sessions, Zips and More - Problems with my install 10 years 2 weeks ago #1346

• jbmaguire
  • jbmaguire's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all,

New to the Xerte community and I've just setup our first install but there are a few wee strange errors I'm hoping someone might be able to shed some light on.

1. When importing objects (archive zip) from another xerte install we get an error message saying "you can only import Zip files"

2. Intermittently getting a message that says "session ID not set" when trying to edit projects.

3. When a user tries to look at their project properties they get a message that says "sorry you do not have the rights to the template"

Any help with any of these problems is greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sessions, Zips and More - Problems with my install 10 years 2 weeks ago #1348

• jjs
  • Thank you received: 71
Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having issues.

What platform are you running it on? Windows/Linux/Mac? XAMPP or full server? Also, what version of toolkits have you installed - the latest v2.1 from here? xerte.org.uk/index.php?option=com_jdownl...gory&catid=3&lang=en

The "sorry you do not have the rights to the template" is related to the intermittent "session ID not set" message and suggests that your server isn't dealing with sessions particularly well.

The "you can only import Zip files" message is related to an issue that I thought was fixed which is why i'm asking for you version number. You can find it here version.txt on your install directory.

Regards

John

Sessions, Zips and More - Problems with my install 10 years 2 weeks ago #1354

• jbmaguire
Thanks for getting back to me. Currently running it on a shared web host (from fatcow.com) so to be fair the server we use isn't great, just wondering if there were any steps to the xerte setup improve it.

Not sure of the easiest way to check the version but the readme.txt says v2.1

*EDIT*
It's just a playground at the moment. The install sits at www.rsc-scotland.org/xerte/ happy to give you admin access if you want but couldn't give you server access unforunately

Last edit: by jbmaguire. Reason: add info

Sessions, Zips and More - Problems with my install 10 years 2 weeks ago #1361

• jjs
Hi John,

I don't think admin access will make any difference. I have been reading up on FatCow and there seem to be a lot of dissatisfied customers out there complaining about their server uptime and stability...

I think you may just need to put up with the session timeout issues if they are infrequent.

I'll look into the Zip import issue though as that is a problem. Make sure that you set the php.ini variables that control max upload size etc so that they are not preventing the upload of the zip.

Regards,

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: jbmaguire

Sessions, Zips and More - Problems with my install 10 years 1 day ago #1478

• jbmaguire
Hi John,

Thanks for your help, looks like the session issue was to do with fatcow. The .zip issue was due to the php.ini needing changed. Quite new to all this install/setup stuff are there any values you would recommend for the php.ini file?

Thanks again
John

Sessions, Zips and More - Problems with my install 10 years 23 hours ago #1481

• jjs
Hi John,

There is no hard and fast rule, it all depends on the server resources. You should probably set the upload_max_filesize to a largish value 20Mb - 128Mb. A Lot will depend on what you are trying to upload but .zip archives tend to be quite large on occasion and if you need to import these then a low upload max size will cause you problems...

John

• Page:
Moderators: jjs
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search