Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The place for more technical questions for those who want to create new pagetypes or bespoke functionality.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

blending Xerte Online Toolkits with a Mysql call 10 years 4 months ago #943

• Rolaine
  • Rolaine's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I am mainly using Xerte Online Toolkits object inserted into a Moodle classroom on a hosted linux server. I want to be able to track the users' keystrokes and time how long they spend on each screen. For example, I want to make a navigator connection page update my database with a note about what connector page option button they clicked on first. Knowing this keystroke history makes it a whole lot easier to figure out how to help them regain fiscal stability.

Preferred method: Where do I look in the XOT code to figure out where to insert a custom, new database record's save call that updates my central mysql database?

Alternatively, if I should customize a toolkit page using Xerte desktop, how do I pull the Online Toolkit lesson object down locally into Xerte, then customize that lesson object by embeding a PHP mysql call and a PHP timer function into that page and upload it back up to the server's Xerte Online Toolkits and/or Moodle framework?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Rolaine.

blending Xerte Online Toolkits with a Mysql call 10 years 4 months ago #944

• Rolaine
  • Rolaine's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0

blending Xerte Online Toolkits with a Mysql call 10 years 4 months ago #945

• tom
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 305
Please note, that a lot of what you want is alredy there. If you put a SCORM 2004 LO in Moodle, time spent in each page is tracked, including in which order they were visited. This information ends up in MySQL as well. However, it will be in SCORM compliant datastructures, so you would have to do some work to extract what you need from there.

Alternatively you could create your own implementation of a xttracking.js file.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rolaine

• Page:
Moderators: jjs
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search