Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The place for more technical questions for those who want to create new pagetypes or bespoke functionality.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

SCORM cmi.core.lesson_status 5 years 10 months ago #5123

• Tomster69
  • Tomster69's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
When is this set to 'Passed' on SCORM 1.2?

I've been tinkering with the settings ans am failing to get that set at any point.

I'm following the informaiton from here on settings to make on the main file: community.dur.ac.uk/lt.team/wp-content/u...Xerte_SCORM_v3.5.pdf

Is there a guide anywhere?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SCORM cmi.core.lesson_status 5 years 10 months ago #5131

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 247
Hi Mark
there are lots of different factors that can affect SCORM tracking do you have a link to an example that isn't working?
I know from an email thread with Julian you have suggested that an LO needs a quiz to mark as complete but that isn't the case. A few questions:
What version of Xerte are you using?
What SCORM export have you used 1.2 or 2004?
What LMS are you using?
What page types does your LO contain?
What tracking options are set in the LO?
What options are set in the LMS?
If the version of Xerte you are using is new enough to contain the Misc > Results page add that to the end of your LO and then check what is reported inside Xerte before you export.
One thing to watch out for when testing is the 'Page timeout for completion' setting in Xerte which by default is 5 seconds. It's very easy when testing to forget that and click next next next quickly and therfore for instance the first page isn't tracked as complete so the whole resource won't be.
HTH
Ron

BTW if you're attending the Xerte conference end of the month we have sessions on SCORM and tracking etc.
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

SCORM cmi.core.lesson_status 5 years 9 months ago #5165

• helenmd
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi Mark,

In addition to what Ron said earlier, there are some settings within Blackboard (your duo) that can be configured.

If you want to simply track completion, you will need to configure the settings in Blackboard - in your duo guide, you are asked to check the SCORM Score option when you get to the Grading section. You need to tick SCORM Completion to record that something has been completed.

I've attached a screenshot to this element. Please can you let us know whether this solves the issue for you.
Attachments:

• Page:
Moderators: JohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search