Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The place for more technical questions for those who want to create new pagetypes or bespoke functionality.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New 'Author Support On' message on header 6 years 1 month ago #4969

• instildistance
  • instildistance's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Dear Xerte Team,

I have noticed some Xerte learning objects have started to display the message 'Authour Support is ON: text shown in red will not appear in live projects' (see attached image).

To test whether the text would disappear from the live version, I created a new SCORM file of a LO, uploaded it into Blackboard, but then saw the message still appears when I open the LO from my Blackboard test space.

Is there anywhere in the properties that I'm missing out that would allow me to get rid of that red text?

Many thanks
Joe
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New 'Author Support On' message on header 6 years 1 month ago #4970

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 244
Author support is an optional property and really only needed for debugging more complex navigation with the connector pages for instance. When you play from the editor you'll see those red messages but when you view via the public link you won't. TBH I'm not sure if exported projects have always displayed the red author support messages or whether it's a bug that has crept in that we certainly need to fix but the quick solution is to un-tick the author support optional property (see screenshot) and then re-export.

HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: jjs
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search