Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The place for more technical questions for those who want to create new pagetypes or bespoke functionality.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Vertical centering in XOT 7 years 6 months ago #4090

• Neil Pollock
  • Neil Pollock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 4
I can't seem to find a way of vertically centering content in XOT that works for desktop and mobile views.

Here's a test of different positioning solutions: xerte.cardiff.ac.uk/play_4285. None of these work on mobile (they all position the content at the top of the screen). Also, most of these solutions require changing #x_mobileScroll, #x_pageDiv, #x_page0, #pageContents, .pageHolder to 100% height in order to work correctly on desktop.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Vertical centering in XOT 7 years 6 months ago #4094

• Fay
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 87
Hi Neil

I don't know a quick solution for this but I think you'd probably need some javascript as well as css if you want a solution that works on both desktop & mobile.

On desktop the header and footer bars are fixed on screen and only the page content will scroll. On mobile, to make better use of the space, only the footer is always there and the header scrolls with the page content. These differences are made by two different stylesheets that are used depending on how the content's being viewed: modules/xerte/parent_templates/Nottingham/common_html5/css/mobileStyles.css & desktopstyles.css

I would have thought you'd need to use js to work out whether it's using the mobile or desktop css and then apply different styles depending on which it is. You might also need to use js to work out height of area you want content centered in on mobile view as I don't think 100% will work with the way the layout's done.

Fay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: JohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search