Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
The place for more technical questions for those who want to create new pagetypes or bespoke functionality.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Moving objects on the Front Page 10 years 8 months ago #648

• Mark7801
  • Mark7801's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,
I'd like to move the language drop box and lables to the right side of the title bar. It floats to the far left if I don't use a left side logo. I can't seem to find the position information fix the position. Can you give me an idea where I can find this info and maybe a suggestion of how I can do it.
Thanks for your help!
Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moving objects on the Front Page 10 years 8 months ago #649

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
The login form is ceated by the call to display_language_selectionform("general") at line 210 in index.php. That function is implemented in website_code/language_library.php

The argument (general) refers to a css class (from website_code/styles/frontpage.css).

You could copy the css class, and all the modified css class on line 210.

One of the things I have on my list is to move the langaueg selection box to where is is when you are logghed in, i.e. above the login box.

Moving objects on the Front Page 10 years 6 months ago #807

• Mark7801
Hi Tom,
I'm finally getting back to this task. I was able to locate the the information on line 210 in index.php as well (Topbar). The language is positioned at the top left of my header (topbar). I'm trying to reposition it to the top of the login box (m_b_d_2_child) or better yet the right side of the title area(mainbody/title). Can you give me some suggestions how much to copy (line 208 - 210? or the whole div class from 207 to 216?) and where/how to place the code from index.php and position it somewhere else?
Thanks
Mark

Moving objects on the Front Page 10 years 6 months ago #812

• tom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 308
I was wrong. It's not in the index.php file. That's the language selection box, AFTER loging in.

The language selection of the login page is in website_code/php/login_library.php at lines 206-208. It is already positioned in the topbar, and you can change the second parameter a class name, add the class to css, and position the box to the right.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark7801

Moving objects on the Front Page 10 years 6 months ago #850

• Mark7801
Thanks Tom
I was able to get it where I wanted. Simple fix really...when you know what your doing lol
Thanks again
Mark

• Page:
Moderators: JohnSmith
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search