Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hosting Online Courses 5 years 10 months ago #5112

• engmex
  • engmex's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks. I'm an independent teacher so I don't have access to school/college resources. In the end I put my course on teachable.com. Teachable doesn't support Scrom, but I uploaded some Xerte packages to pcloud, which allows static websites and then linked to them from Teachable using an iframe. I had to remove the videos from the Xerte packages and put them directly on Teachable. Not an ideal solution, but it works. Xerte is really nice for developing online learning materials, but unfortunately it's quite tricky to actually implement and use.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hosting Online Courses 4 years 8 months ago #5832

• SimonW
  • Thank you received: 1
I have a Basic account with Vimeo. I tried to embed a video on the video page. But I get the error below:

'This content cannot be displayed in a frame
There is expected content here, but the publisher does not allow it to appear in a frame. This is to protect any information you enter on this site.'

If I upgrade my vimeo account will this problem go away, or does it have to be addressed in another way?

I put the video on our site and it works fine. But a couple of hundred people looking at the 4MB film would rack up the bandwidth usage - and that's just one film. A vimeo account is clearly better - if it works!

Last edit: by SimonW. Reason: Added the info about it working from our site.

Hosting Online Courses 4 years 8 months ago #5833

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 245
What Vimeo link or embed code have you used to add your video to Xerte?

You shouldn’t need to upgrade your Vimeo account just to include the video in Xerte. Just make sure the video is set to allow embedding in the settings on Vimeo.

HTH
Ron
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/
The following user(s) said Thank You: SimonW

Hosting Online Courses 4 years 8 months ago #5834

• SimonW
  • Thank you received: 1
Yes, when I got the embed code page on Vimeo the film worked. But I was a bit concerned when I saw it was an iframe since iframes should be avoided I believe.
But after checking I got this info from OSTraining.com 'Adding an iframe embed code from well-trusted sites like Google would not harm.' So I guess Vimeo is okay.

However, Vimeo adds a lot of extra stuff on their link. So I guess I'll play the video from our site for the moment.

• Page:
Moderators: alimcnronm
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search