Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Report any technical problems you discover and discuss solutions.

TOPIC:

Can only create empty projects 6 years 5 months ago #4766

• ronm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 245
Sorry I noticed after submit that there was a typo which I corrected but to be clear it was meant to be: as long as there is NOT more than one account in the database with the same username.
Xerte developer & trainer
e-learning & m-learning consultant
mitchellmedia.co.uk | xerteacademy.com | learningapps.co.uk
Note: Support here is voluntary and meant for users to support each other.
Need direct commercial support with Xerte? mitchellmedia.co.uk/contact/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Can only create empty projects 6 years 5 months ago #4767

• Chi-Phu.Mach
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Ron and Tom,

After restoring the database to the state before I started to 'try things out', I asked the user to login with their old login, and the problem remained in the sense that only newly created LO's were editable - LO's created as recently as yesterday afternoon were not editable.

I then took the step of renaming the user's faulty account to first.last_old, and asked the user to log back in and then back out so that Xerte could create a new login.

I then edited the login ID of the faulty Xerte account to be the highest login ID number plus 1, then renamed the login ID of the user's new Xerte account to be the number of the faulty login, thereby getting the new ID to inherit the projects of the faulty ID. A bit confusing, but it works!

The only issue is that many, if not all LO's created in version 3.1 and version 2.1 no longer work, but recently created ones and new LO's are editable and playable.

The user has confirmed that the previous ones can be dropped - there are still backups of those LO's, but they are in the archived versions of the Xerte websites, so if the user really needs those LO's, they can access the archived Xerte website(s) to export those LO's as zipped files and import them into the live website (haven't tried this yet).

The case sensitivity issue was something that was overloooked - I have now renamed all of the user's project folders to match the case sensitivity used by their Xerte login, but it doesn't seem to have restored access or functionality to the previously created LO's.

As the fixing of this user's account was done during the half-term break, there weren't any other users logged onto Xerte, so I don't think that any other users were affected (I hope).

Thanks again for your help Ron and Tom.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ronmjultenjjs
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds
Copyright © 2024 The Xerte Project.
Xerte logo Apereo logo OSI Logo

Search